|We invested in Cable, Programming and Internet assets during 2008, including:
- our transaction with Insight, which resulted in the addition of 696,000 video customers
- the purchase of an additional ownership interest in Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
- the acquisition of the remaining interest in G4 that we did not already own
- the purchases of DailyCandy, Plaxo and Vehix
|Also in 2008, we made a $1.05 billion investment in Clearwire, a spectrum-rich mobile broadband provider that is deploying a nationwide 4G wireless network. This investment provides Comcast with an opportunity to extend the reach of our broadband products beyond the home.
We're beginning to develop advertising opportunities for the next generation of television through our investment in Canoe Ventures.
- The venture marks an industry-wide effort to increase cable's share of the approximately $300 billion U.S. advertising market.
- With the cable industry's two-way TV platform, Canoe Ventures has the potential to provide advertisers with targeted access to viewers in nearly half of all U.S. TV households.